Clinician and Wellness Coordinator
- The Aboriginal Child and Youth Mental Health Program (ACYMH) consists of a Clinician and Wellness Coordinator
- The ACYMH accepts referrals for all children under 19 years of age.
- The Clinician provides counselling services for children and youth, develops treatment plans, supports parents and /or caregivers when needed, and makes recommendations for post-service support.
- The Wellness Coordinator provides pre- and post-service support for clients and their families, develops community links and maintains program development.
- Together, the Clinician and Wellness Coordinator deliver groups to children, youth, families and caregivers based on need.
- In the event of wait-listing, the Wellness Coordinator will provide temporary support or alternate referral.
The Aboriginal Child and Youth Mental Health Program provides clinical counselling and support for children and youth experiencing ( but not limited to):
- Suicidal Behaviours
- Self Harm
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
The Aboriginal Child and Youth Mental Health Program
Provides culturally sensitive and competent supports which integrate culture, teachings and provide cultural opportunities. We are guided by the traditions of the Medicine Wheel and the Seven Sacred Teachings.
We incorporate Aboriginal healing in combination with Western philosophies and approaches to support and maintain a long-term connection with wellness.
We provide clinical counselling services and support to children, youth, families and caregivers. We aim to promote mental health awareness and understanding in our community.
How To Make a Referral
- Call the Wellness Coordinator at 250-554-1176 and request that a referral form be faxed, email or come into the office (517A Tranquille Rd) and request a referral form
- If you require assistance with the form please contact the Wellness Coordinator.
- After a referral has been received the Wellness Coordinator will be in contact with the family to set up an initial conslutation.
- Following the initial consultation, services and /or referrals will be offered.